How we are preparing for our reopening
A message from Stuart Downham Managing Director, Casa Hotels Group, 17th June 2020
At Casa Hotel and Peak Edge Hotel, we have always upheld the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness, and we are proud that our housekeeping and maintenance teams are trained to consistently deliver a quality service to our guests and staff.
As we look forward to reopening following the lockdown – and with the health and safety of our guests and staff being of primary importance – we will be implementing additional measures across our hotels to support the already rigorous cleaning procedures are already in place.
At this stage, we are planning to welcome you back from 4th July but clearly the situation with COVID-19 changes on a regular basis, so we will continue to adapt our plans and procedures as necessary to ensure the health and safety of our guests and our staff. Of course, all based on the advice from the UK Government and Public Health England.
Ultimately, we will only reopen the hotels when we feel that it is safe for both our guests and our staff to do so, we are ensuring our cancellation policy allows the flexibility for you to book confidently knowing you will not lose out financially if plans change.
While many of our facilities, such as the bar and restaurants, may be operating in very different ways, we hope our guests will make the most of our modern 4-star home from home at Casa Hotel and the beautiful picturesque surrounding of Peak Edge.
With so much uncertainty, we understand that making travel plans can be challenging but please be assured, we will only open if it is safe to do so and we will be providing a restaurant and bar service appropriate to the guidelines in place. From in room dining with no tray charge, to private dining facilities, we will adapt to ensure your stay is a memorable occasion.
Should you have any questions about the measures which will be implemented and our cancellations policy, please do contact our reservations team on firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
The measures we are putting into place
Our housekeeping team will be divided into dedicated teams for individual parts of the hotel and its facilities, and will receive specialist training before any form of reopening takes place.
• The team will be provided with PPE and additional masks, gloves and aprons to ensure that they can carry out their roles effectively, whilst maintaining the highest possible standards of cleanliness for our guests
• We will also be laundering all linen in line with government guidelines (min 60 degrees Celsius)
• All of our linen is laundered by experienced hospitality and healthcare laundry specialists
• To minimise touch points for guests and staff, all non-essential items across the hotel and facilities will be removed, including magazines, leaflets, unless they are single use. Our inhouse guides including fire evacuation will remain in place.
• We will be taking card payments only, accepting cash only in exceptional circumstances
• If you or anyone in your party is showing symptoms of coronavirus, you are asked not to travel
Supporting social distancing
While we are fortunate to enjoy lots of space across our facilities and our grounds, we will be implementing the following further measures to support safe social distancing for our guests and our staff.
Public spaces in the hotel
• From the point of reopening, we will be introducing a one-way system around the hotel’s public areas where possible, ensuring that guests from different parties can stay at least a two-metre distance from one another
• Hand sanitiser stations will be available in lift lobby areas in reception and meeting rooms.
• The hotel’s lift will only be available for 2 people at a time, and will be disinfected regularly by a dedicated team member. Stairs are available and their use will be encouraged.
Food and drink
• Spacing out all tables across our restaurants to ensure that social distancing can be complied with
• Protecting the health and safety of our chefs by offering streamlined menus
• Opening hours across our bars and restaurants may vary in line with updated government guidance
• Appropriate PPE is provided for our Food and Beverage production and service teams.
• Offering our room-service menu, so that meals can be delivered to and enjoyed in your hotel bedroom or suite without a tray charge
• When the hotel reopens, we will also be offering the opportunity to enjoy breakfast in bed
Frequently Ask Questions
The hotel reopening dates are not definite and may be liable to change as the situation develops. We will only open the hotel when it is safe to do so and when it’s in the best interests of the business. We will, of course, provide the most up to date information whenever we can on our website, e-newsletter, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. We have amended our cancellation policy to allow you to book with confidence.
This will depend on Government guidelines but it is our intention to open facilities in adherence with social distancing and we have outdoor spaces at both hotels. We can guarantee that if you stay, there will be food and beverage options available to you, including an in-room service with no extra tray charge and a mini bar facility.
We are legally obliged to follow all Government guidelines and are confident we are putting the required measures in place. We will not open unless we meet the standards required. For more information, our full Risk Assessment documents are available on request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com In the early days, it will be a matter of personal choice as to whether it is too early to venture out or not, but please be assured, our hotels will be open because they meet or exceed all guidelines.
Yes, we are still accepting bookings as usual for any period after and including Saturday 4th July 2020. If the period of closure is extended to include a future booking you have made, we will put a policy in place to move your booking or offer a refund.
We are currently preparing both hotels to allow for check in to be secure. Throughout, we have kept Casa Hotel open for key workers, as such there is a system already in place. We are asking for card payments and will ensure appropriate alterations to reception areas are made, including the use of screens where needed.
Much will be a matter of common sense, but we will be implementing one-way systems as far as possible and lifts are strictly limited to 2 persons per trip but we would advise using stairs where possible. Both stairs and lifts with have additional cleaning schedules, as will all public spaces. Hand sanitiser stations are available in all public areas. All high-volume tough surfaces will be cleaned on a regular basis e.g lifts and door handles etc
As a quality hotel, we already pride ourselves on our levels of cleanliness. As we reopen from the lockdown we are adding additional measures to all existing cleaning regimes. All bedrooms will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected ahead of each new guest arrival and linen will be washed at 60 degrees as per Government guidelines. Again, if you are in doubt, you can ask to see our Risk Assessment documents. Relevant PPE is provided for all staff as required.
At this time, we are planning to open our facilities in line with Government guidelines – carrying out all required cleanliness practices and implementing social distancing. We will be using single use items (i.e. sauce and salt and pepper sachets) as far as possible. What we can guarantee is that there will be a food and beverage offering for you of restaurant quality standard, cooked by our passionate AA Rosette kitchen teams. We have removed the tray charge for room service and have outdoor spaces at both hotels to support social distancing if the weather allows.
Currently, we are hoping to reopen on Saturday 4th July 2020 but with many changes to ensure your safety and that of our team. Should your wedding/event be affected by a delay to our reopening, we will make every effort to reschedule to an alternative date. If you would like to postpone your wedding to a date in the future, please, do contact our events team on firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and we would be very pleased to check availability for dates in the latter part of 2020. We will also offer, where possible, first refusal, on the equivalent date/weekend in 2021.
We have amended our cancellation policy to allow you to book with confidence. You are welcome to amend the date of your dinner reservation and any deposit paid will be transferred to your new date. Alternatively, if you would like to cancel, a refund will be provided.
The hotel will reopen for residential bookings but, subject to guidelines, the bar and restaurant facilities (including outdoor spaces) will be open to non-residents. We will ensure that we are putting regular updates on social media and our website to all members of the public informed of any changes.
For further advice, guidance and information surrounding this challenging period, you can contact our friendly reservations team on firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com