Your Dream Career Starts Here
We are always looking for hard working, dedicated and enthusiastic people to join our team at Casa Hotel in every department. Casa has been voted in the top UK hotels for three years running by Trip Adviser along with many other desirable & prestigious awards.
We pride ourselves with having an excellent team behind the success of the hotel.
At Casa, we encourage career development and this is a great opportunity to further your experience in a highly awarded environment. If you are serious about starting a career in hospitality or have experience of working within hotels and are looking for your next career move, we welcome CV’s and covering letters explaining why you want to be part of our award winning team. Uniform provided along with great pay, holidays and meals on duty.
We are currently recruiting for the below jobs, if you feel that your skills match our requirements, please contact the relevant head of department on their email address provided for more information.
Download our GDPR Privacy Notice here.
Casa Hotel is an independently owned t 4-star hotel. The hotel offers an outstanding dining experience in our 2-rosette award winning Cocina Restaurant and our authentically Spanish Barca Bar. We use the finest cuts of meat and produce which arrive directly from the owner’s farm on the outskirts of Chesterfield. Our beautiful sister hotel, The Peak Edge Hotel is based on the outskirts of Chesterfield towards Matlock and is right on the edge of the Peak District National Park.
Who we are looking for: –
If you are an experienced, enthusiastic, vibrant team player who thrives on the buzz of a bustling kitchen that has a family feel then Casa is the place for you.
We need someone who is keen to take responsibility for ensuring the delivery of high standards of cuisine within our 2-rosette restaurant delivering private dining and weddings to ultimately create fantastic memories for our guests.
As Chef de Partie you will work in our Cocina restaurant, Barca Bar and on conference and banqueting events. You will be confident working on all sections in the kitchen whilst also assisting with the supervision of the CDPs and Commis Chefs.
Your duties and responsibilities: –
- Ensure all food preparation meets our high standards
- Prepare and present high-quality food
- Keep all working areas clean and tidy and ensure no cross contamination
- Prepare all mis-en-place for all relevant menus
- Assist in positive outcomes from guests queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensure food and produce is of a great quality and stored correctly
- Contribute to controlling costs, improving gross profit margins and other departmental and financial targets
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
- Report maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation
- Be environmentally aware
Our Key Requirements: –
We are looking for an experienced Chef de Partie with plenty of experience working in hotel kitchens who is looking to progress their career into a Senior Chef de Partie position.
Knowledge of conference and banqueting up to 150 is preferable but not essential.
- A minimum of 2 years of previous experience
- Ability and desire to work as part of a close team
- Excellent communication skills
- NVQ Level 3 preferred but not essential
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Supervisory experience
- Positive attitude
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on your own initiative or in teams
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous kitchen experience in similar role
- Intermediate Food Hygiene
- Knowledge of current food trends
What we will offer you: –
- Starting salary of £18,500 per annum – negotiable dependent on experience
- Subsidised modern accommodation
- Laundered uniform and Birkenstock footwear
- Meals on Duty
- Paid Overtime over 45 hours per week
- Pension Scheme
- Staff Discounts
- Free parking
- Excellent opportunities for progression
- Brigade of support and kitchen staff
Casa Hotel is an AA rated 4-star hotel in Chesterfield, Derbyshire which boasts a two-rosette kitchen, 100 bedrooms, 12 meeting rooms accommodating up to 280 guests and our beautiful Spanish themed Barca bar. Having been voted within the top ten UK hotels for three years on TripAdvisor, this is a great opportunity for a candidate looking to further their career in a luxury hotel environment.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Night Porter with an immediate start
The right candidate will assist with the nightly activities of the hotel working closely with existing departments to include but not limited to: Reception, Night Auditing, Reservations, Restaurant, Bar, Conference and Events, Housekeeping, Laundry and Concierge services.
· Be able to assist front desk operations including: check-in and check-out transactions, handling calls, reservations and providing assistance to the night team.
· To ensure the smooth, efficient and accurate running of the Night Audit function ensuring that all business has been entered and dealt with correctly and ready to begin the new day at a reasonable hour.
· To compile public areas fire safety check, and record in fire book.
· To ensure all monies and keys are safely secured in the appropriate safes and designated spaces.
· To read and cash up bars as and when necessary.
· To assist in the production and delivery of the Room service menu.
· To manage the work of the night staff to produce maximum benefit to the hotel
· Manages and directs the activities of the Executive Housekeeper, Front Office
· Audits manually written and online data.
· Balance all daily work for the Hotel
· Post and balance charges in a timely and efficient manner.
· Reconciles credit card systems to daily transaction list from rooms and point-of-sale outlets.
· Examines expense accounts, tips paid to employees, guest charge receipts, interest and account payments, cash receipts, sales tickets, bank records, inventory and stock record sheets, and similar items to verify accuracy of recorded data.
· Balances the revenue and expense transactions which occurred during the day at the hotel.
· Responsible for safety and evacuation plan adherence and training with other night personnel.
Due to the nature of the role all candidates will be required to be aged 18 and over.
What we offer you:
· Competitive Salary
· Fantastic working environment
· Uniform provided
· 20% off food and drink at our venues and discounted hotel stays upon request.
· Free Parking
· Excellent training & development opportunities
Casa hotel deal with all our recruitment in house. Please no agency calls or emails.